FCC September 2018 Open Meeting
Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai announced that the following items are tentatively on the agenda for the September Open Commission Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, September 26, 2018:
- Kari’s Law NPRM – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking addressing calls to 911 made from multi-line telephone systems, pursuant to Kari’s Law, the conveyance of dispatchable location with 911 calls, as directed by RAY BAUM’S Act, and the consolidation of the Commission’s 911 rules. (PS Docket Nos. 18-261, 17-239).
- Presentation on Results of the Connect America Fund Phase II Auction -- The Commission will hear a presentation on the recent results of the Connect America Fund Phase II auction (Auction 903).
- Wireless Infrastructure Order – The Commission will consider a Declaratory Ruling and Report and Order that will clarify the scope and meaning of Sections 253 and 332(c)(7) of the Communications Act, establish shot clocks for state and local approvals for the deployment of small wireless facilities, and provide guidance on streamlining state and local requirements on wireless infrastructure deployment. (WT Docket No. 17-79; WC Docket No. 17-84)
- Enforcement Bureau Action – The Commission will consider two enforcement actions.
- [Removed from Agenda] Clarifying Local Franchising Authorities Regulation of Cable Operators – The Commission will consider a Second Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking addressing two issues raised by a remand from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit concerning how local franchising authorities may regulate incumbent cable operators and cable television services. (MB Docket No. 05-311)
- Cable Data Collection – The Commission will consider a Report and Order that eliminates the Form 325, Annual Report of Cable Television Systems, filing requirement. (MB Docket Nos. 17-290, 17-105)
- Toll Free Assignment Modernization – The Commission will consider a Report and Order that will amend the Commission’s rules to allow for use of auctions to assign certain toll free numbers and takes other actions to modernize the administration and assignment of toll free numbers. (WC Docket No. 17-192; CC Docket No 95-155)
- Satellite Earth Stations in Motion – The Commission will consider action to facilitate the deployment of and harmonize the rules concerning three types of Fixed-Satellite Service earth stations authorized to transmit while in motion: Earth Stations on Vessels, Vehicle-Mounted Earth Stations, and Earth Stations Aboard Aircraft. (IB Docket No. 17-95)