Last updated: March 26, 2008 - 9:28pm
CLEAR CHANNEL TALKS IN TROUBLE?
[SOURCE: Reuters, AUTHOR: Megan Davies]
According to an unnamed source, talks over the $20 billion leveraged buyout of U.S. radio operator Clear Channel Communications are in trouble, with the banks financing the deal unwilling to take a mark-to-market loss.
* Has Clear Channel Deal Fallen Through? (MediaWeek)
* Major Buyout Deal Is Close to Collapse
* Talks stall in Clear Channel buy-out
- Clear Channel says completes TV sale for $1.1 bln
- Clear Channel to sell TV group for $1.2 bln
- Egan-Jones opposes bid for Clear Channel
- Will 2008 election spur media deals?
- TV, radio look for record ad money in election
- Clear Channel in talks with buy-out groups
- Experts say News Corp can get antitrust nod for Dow
- Private equity firms complete Clear Channel buyout
- Clear Channel Suitors, Banks Reach a Deal
- Clear Channel watchers look for Plan B
- Deal Seen Coming Into Focus On Clear Channel's TV Sale
- FCC votes to approve buyout of Clear Channel
- As Deadline Nears, Confusion Clouds Clear Channel Buyout
- Clear Channel Buyout Talks Fuel Concern of Management Conflicts
- Clear Channel lenders threaten refinancing plan