It's exciting news for consumers that Sprint and Clearwire, together with its investment partners, have announced plans to combine assets to form a new next-generation wireless communications company. I have long pushed for ways to facilitate a "third" broadband channel to provide consumers everywhere the benefits of a competitive, high-quality wireless broadband network. I look forward to hearing more about the potential of this new company to bring new and enhanced mobile broadband services to consumers.
- Sprint Struggling to Keep Up the Pace in Spectrum Marathon
- Clearwire still sees challenges after FCC OK
- Clearwire May Delay Network Buildout as Comcast Converts Stake
- Is the new Sprint/Clearwire venture doomed to failure?
- Another Week, Another Wireless Deal
- Sprint Faces 4G Dilemma
- Dish Network Makes $5.15 Billion Offer for Clearwire
- Sprint Isn't Yet in the Clearwire
- Sprint swoops in with $1.6B deal to save Clearwire
- Will Clearwire, Sprint build a 4G monster or a mouse?
- Sprint in Talks to Share Network
- Clearwire promises a fully-open,
- Why Verizon should acquire Sprint (or at least try)
- Sprint, Clearwire Close Deal Forming WiMax Venture
- France wants minimum 2.5 billion euros from 4G auction