Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
paidContent 2012: At The Crossroads
The Times Center, New York City
May 23, 2012
A one-day, cross-sector event bringing together industry leaders and entrepreneurs, innovators and disruptors from across media, book and magazine publishing, entertainment and information.
Branded content from marketers large and small is becoming more sophisticated and more prevalent. The cloud is shifting the way media is sold, stored, shared and distributed. Meanwhile, efforts to add digital revenue streams with various forms of paywalls, new subscription products, apps and more are multiplying. Meanwhile, disruption continues at breakneck speed: the startups, mergers and acquisitions, the business models, the successes and failures.
What’s working? What isn’t? What’s new? What’s next? Join us at the crossroads of the constantly changing world of digital content—featuring headline interviews, dynamic discussions with innovators and industry leaders, and breaking-news research findings—to find out.
- Is a vast video library worth the time and money?
- Richard Russo: Amazon puts great young writers in “particular peril”
- What will the global e-book market look like by 2016?
- The Telecommunications Act of 1996: Ten Years Later
- The Promise and Peril of Big Data
- Legal Frontiers in Digital Media
- Chicago Tribune gives readers Economist, Forbes under new paywall plan
- Is GigaOM Buying paidContent?
- GigaOM Acquires paidContent
- As Google Fiber rollouts begin, here’s what cable will watch most closely
- Amazon Falls on Prime Subscriber Numbers
- Future of Music Summit 2012
- Born on the 4th of July: Will There Be Collateral Damage in Cyberwar to US?
- Online paid-content market poses threat to traditional advertising
- Silicon Valley Human Rights Conference