Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
BIG DATA Workshop
National Institute of Standards and Technology
June 13-14, 2012
In the March 2012 unveiling of the BIG DATA Initiative, Dr. John P. Holdren, Assistant to the President and Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, indicated that this new initiative promises to transform our ability to use BIG DATA for scientific discovery, environmental and biomedical research, education, and national security. In response, NIST, in collaboration with the NSF Center for Hybrid Multicore Productivity Research (CHMPR) is convening a BIG DATA workshop.
In this first workshop, key national priority topics will be explored, including examples from science, health, disaster management, security, and finance. At the same time, topics in emerging technology areas, including analytics and architectures will also be discussed.
- Can Researchers Influence Government's Cybersecurity Agenda?
- National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence Workshop
- 2007 Broadband Connectivity Competition Policy (FTC)
- Cloud Computing Forum & Workshop V
- Cloud Computing and Big Data Forum and Workshop
- NIST Smart Grid Advisory Committee
- President Obama Announces Members of Science and Technology Advisory Council
- Scientific Integrity Policies Released
- NIST Kicks Off New National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence
- Call for Proposals: Defining and Measuring Meaningful Broadband Adoption
- NIST Trying to Drum Up Cyber Standards Support
- Cloud Computing Forum & Workshop IV
- NIST Establishes National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence
- Commerce Department, NIST Host Standards Setting Forum
- Scientific Integrity Policies Submitted to OSTP