Last updated: June 15, 2012 - 8:17am
Not long ago, estrangements between family members, for all the anguish they can cause, could mean a fairly clean break. People would cut off contact, never to be heard from again unless they reconciled. But in a social network world, estrangement is being redefined, with new complications. Relatives can get vivid glimpses of one another’s lives through Facebook updates, Twitter feeds and Instagram pictures of a grandchild or a wedding rehearsal dinner. And those glimpses are often painful reminders of what they have lost.
- Benton's Headlines will return Monday, January 3, 2011
- The Age of the Internet of Things Has Dawned
- Booz Allen Lists Top Nine Ways Information Technology is Transforming Health Care
- CBS's Super Bowl Ad Calls: Freedom of Speech or Anti-Gay?
- Headlines will return Monday, November 26
- Stop spamming Cuba
- Localism and diversity should be FCC's priority
- Brought to you by...
- Staying Safe Online
- Christie Drops State-Owned Broadcasting
- Genachowski's Stresses Congress' Role In Broadband Plan
- Low Ratings End Show and a Product Placement
- Viacom and Hulu Part Ways
- Current EHRs have limited quality, efficiency effect: study
- 6 smart grid hurdles ahead