Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Education Technology, Distance Learning & the Innovative American Classroom
July 17, 2012
10:15 AM - 11:30 AM EDT
Education technology tools offer students improved access to resources, digital materials and a dynamic, personalized learning experience. Distance learning connects geographically-disadvantaged students with instructors, fellow classmates, course offerings, and educational experiences not accessible in their nearby brick-and-mortar schools.
On July 17, the Center for Technology Innovation at Brookings will host a forum on the growing use and influence of distance learning in transforming American education. A panel of experts will discuss the challenges and positive outcomes of integrating education technologies and distance learning techniques into academic instruction, as well as how these tools are transforming the definition of the American classroom.
The Honorable Mark Begich (D-Alaska)
- How to Further the Mobile Technology Revolution
- Education Technology: Revolutionizing Personalized Learning and Student Assessment
- Bridging the Digital Divide: Spectrum Policy, Program Diversity and Consumer Rights
- Riding the Mobile Wave: The Future of Mobile Computing
- Telehealth and Mobile Communications
- FCC Workshop on Distracted Driving
- Enabling Personalized Medicine through Health Information Technology
- Open Access and the New Net Neutrality & Wireless Policy After the 700 MHz Auction
- Standards for technology-enabled learning
- Panel examines ed tech, personalized learning
- Broadband Technology Opportunities Program
- Broadband Initiatives: Enhancing Lives & Transforming Communities
- The Internet's Mid-Life Crisis
- Hacktivism, Vigilantism and Collective Action in a Digital Age
- Broadband and Energy Efficiency