Last updated: December 4, 2012 - 9:50am
This Public Notice offers an opportunity for additional comment on data contained in the Media Bureau’s recently released report on the ownership of commercial broadcast stations.
The Ownership Report provides detailed information by race, ethnicity, and gender concerning ownership of commercial television, radio, Class A television, and low-power television stations. The recently released Ownership Report confirms that minority and female ownership numbers remain low and provides more detailed ownership figures. These data are part of the record and have been considered in our current quadrennial review and, along with additional data gathered in subsequent biennial filings, will be considered in our succeeding quadrennial reviews. The Ownership Report was released to the public on November 14, 2012 and parties have submitted material in the record concerning the data. Several parties have requested an additional, formal opportunity to comment on the Ownership Report. Thus, while this proceeding has provided numerous opportunities for public input and participation, the FCC will establish a further comment cycle for this limited purpose.
Comments are due December 26, 2012; reply comments are due January 4, 2013.
- FCC Releases Three Studies on Media Ownership (Updated)
- Standardizing Program Reporting Requirements for Broadcast Licensees
- Leadership Conference Urges FCC Not to Rush to Media Ownership Order
- FCC Proposes Changes to Media Ownership Rules
- Free Press Calls for Strong Ownership Rules
- FCC Seeks Comment on Research Studies on Media Ownership
- FCC Launches Media Ownership Rules Review
- They Want to do What Now? The FCC’s Media Ownership Proposal
- FCC Releases Media Ownership Studies; Seeks Public Review
- Protective Order for Public Access to FCC Media Studies
- Coalition Asks FCC to Focus on Diversity in Quadrennial Ownership Rule Review
- FCC Committee Adopts 2nd Media Ownership Recommendation
- FCC 11/27 Meeting Recap
- Media Ownership Comment Schedule
- MMTC Applauds FCC's Minority ownership Decision