Originally published: September 23, 2008
Last updated: September 22, 2008 - 9:08pm
Steve Schmidt, a senior adviser to Republican presidential candidate John McCain said Monday that The New York Times is "completely, totally, 150 percent in the tank" for Democratic nominee Barack Obama. At issue was an article about McCain campaign manager Rick Davis's time lobbying for an organization that carried the banner for recent bailed out mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- When all truth is relative
- A Familiar Campaign Battle Cry: The Press Likes the Other Guy Better
- Palin: McCain campaign's end-run around media
- Kurtz on Bias at MSNBC
- Obama Met With Fox News Executives
- McCain camp says media 'in love' with Obama
- McCain-Palin Love-Hate Media
- Adviser Says McCain Backs Bush Wiretaps
- Old Friends in the Media See a New Side of McCain
- John McCain's Rapid-Fire Responders
- McCain invented BlackBerry
- McCain and the Telecom Lobbyist
- Cementing the State-Silicon Valley Relationship
- McCain's Campaign Funding Hypocrisy: Why Are the Media Looking the Other Way?
- What if it's President McCain in 2009?