Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
The FCC will hold an open full Commission meeting on Thursday February 5 at 2:00 pm.
The meeting will include presentations and discussion by senior agency officials as well as industry, consumer groups and others involved in the Digital Television Transition.
The purpose of the meeting is to educate and inform the Commission and the public about the status and issues involved with the upcoming Digital Television Transition.
Agenda and list of witnesses follows:
2:00pm Opening Statements by Chairman and Commissioners
2:15pm Panel 1: DTV Consumer Outreach
Cathy Seidel, Chief of the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau, FCC
Tony Wilhelm, Consumer Education Director, National Telecommunications and Information Administration
Mark Lloyd, Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, Leadership Conference on Civil Rights and Leadership Conference on Civil Rights Education Fund
Sandy Markwood, Chief Executive Officer, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
3:00pm Panel 2: DTV Call Centers
Andrew Martin, Chief Information Officer, Federal Communications Commission
Sam Howe, Executive Vice President, Time Warner Cable
David Rehr, President and CEO, National Association of Broadcasters
Dennis Lyle, President, National Alliance of State Broadcasters Associations
3:45pm Panel 3: Reception Issues and Analog Nightlight
Julius Knapp, Chief of Office of Engineering and Technology, FCC
David Donovan, President, MSTV
Joel Kelsey, Policy Analyst, Consumers Union
Michael Petricone, Senior Vice President Government Affairs, Consumer Electronics Association
4:30pm Closing Statements/Adjournment
- Feb 5 FCC Open Meeting Agenda is all DTV
- FCC's March 5 Agenda: You Guessed It -- DTV
- FCC Open Meeting (June. Updated w/agenda and recap)
- FCC Meeting Today
- Hearing: Digital Television Transition Extension Act of 2009
- House Oversight of the Digital Television Transition (updated with witness list)
- FCC's Jan 15 Open Meeting Agenda
- Agenda for March 5 FCC Meeting
- TV Broadcaster Relocation Fund Workshop
- FCC Releases June 3 Agenda: DTV Transition
- Preemption of State Wireless Regulation: Where Do Consumers Fit In?
- Getting to February 2009: Outstanding DTV Transition Issues
- FCC Open Meeting (March 2009)
- FCC Open Meeting (July. Updated w/agenda and new time)
- Federal Advisory Committee on Diversity for Communications in the Digital Age