Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
House Oversight of the Digital Television Transition
The House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet will hold a digital television oversight hearing on Thursday, March 26, 2009.
The hearing will examine the administration of the DTV Converter Box Coupon Program by the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), outreach and consumer education efforts by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and the status of the transition from the perspective of other stakeholders.
- Anna Gomez, Acting Secretary for Communications and Information, Department of Commerce
- Hon. Michael J. Copps, Acting Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
- Mark Lloyd, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, Leadership Conference on Civil Rights
- Peter Morrill, General Manager, Idaho Public Television
- Robert S. Prather, Jr., President, Gray Television, Inc.
- Gary Severson, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Entertainment, Wal-Mart Stores, US
- Gary Shapiro, President and CEO, Consumer Electronics Association
- Christopher Wood, Vice President, Senior Legal Counsel, DTV Compliance Officer, Univision Communications Inc.
- Update: House Oversight of the Digital Television Transition
- House Panel Investigates Progress on DTV Front
- Boucher: DTV Transition On "Very Good Path"
- MAPping Change -- The First 100 Days of the Obama Administration: DTV, Economic Stimulus, and Beyond
- Oversight of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: Broadband
- House Oversight of the Digital Television Transition
- Another Larry for NTIA (Updated)
- Review of Rural Broadband Programs
- USF Reform, DTV Oversight Hearing On House Docket
- Strickling and Chopra Unanimously Approved by Senate Commerce Committee
- Oversight of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: Broadband, Part 2
- Omnibus DTV Update
- FCC Gets $65 Million From NTIA
- GOP Leaders want FCC and NTIA to Prioritize Converter Coupons for Over-the-Air Homes
- NTIA's Gomez, FCC's Adelstein 'Cautiously Optimistic' About DTV Transition