Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Competition in the Video Marketplace: Video Franchise Reform
National Conference of State Legislatures
Friday, April 24, 2009
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
In 2006, NCSL adopted the policy statement, "Video Franchise Reform: State Administration." Since then, several states have enacted state-level video franchise reform and forestalled congressional preemption. Hear a report on the status of competition in the video marketplace, and discuss changes that may be necessary to encourage increased competition.
- Broadband to Stimulate the Economy: How and When
- Update on Digital Archiving of State Legislative Information
- Prepaid Wireless - The Collection of 911 Fees
- Give cable TV some healthy rivals
- House Commerce Members Meet on Telecom Bill
- Cities, states, and non-profits line up against Martin's video franchise agenda
- National Conference of State Legislatures ranks healthcare among top 2012 priorities
- FCC's Video Description Rules Have Been Officially Reinstated
- FCC's new cable rules: one step forward, one step back?
- Open Forum on U.S. and OECD Innovation Policy
- California OKs Statewide-Franchise Rules
- Cable Claims Plenty of Competition
- Telcos Push Franchise Revamp Up Hill
- FCC Meeting Re-cap (Franchising and Cable Rates)
- Telcos Celebrate Franchise Wins