Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
An Examination of Competition in the Wireless Industry
The House The Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet will hold a hearing titled Thursday, May 7, 2009, in 2123 Rayburn House Office Building. The hearing will examine issues related to the status of wireless competition in the United States.
•Paul Schieber, Vice President, Access and Roaming, Sprint
•Robert J. Irving, Jr. , Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Leap Wireless International, Inc., Cricket Communications, Inc.
•Victor H. "Hu" Meena, President, Cellular South
•Ravi Potharlanka, Chief Operating Officer, FiberTower Corp.
•Chris Murray, Senior Counsel, Consumers Union
•George S. Ford, Ph.D., Chief Economist, Phoenix Center for Advanced Legal and Economic Public Policy Studies
- Behavioral Advertising: Industry Practices and Consumers' Expectations
- Protecting the Electric Grid
- Oversight of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: Broadband, Part 2
- Oversight Of The Federal Communications Commission
- Cybersecurity: Network Threats and Policy Challenges
- Hearing -- ICANN Internet Governance: Is It Working?
- Oversight Of The Internet Corporation For Assigned Names And Numbers
- House Commerce Committee Spectrum Hearing
- Video Competition in a Digital Age
- House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet Markup
- Hearing: Data Accountability and the Informed P2P User
- Hearing -- Deleting Commercial Child Pornography Sites From the Internet
- Hearing: Warning, Alert and Response Network (WARN) Act of 2006
- Creating Opportunities through Improved Government Spectrum Efficiency
- An Examination Of The Proposed Combination Of Comcast And NBC Universal