Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Nomination Hearing (Director of the Census)
Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
Friday, May 15, 2009
Hearing to examine the nomination of Robert M. Groves, of Michigan, to be Director of the Census, Department of Commerce.
- Senate Hearing: Census
- Cyber Security: Developing a National Strategy
- Top Census appointee promises more active role in IT management
- Government 2.0: Advancing America into the 21st Century and a Digital Future
- Lawmakers Plan Cybersecurity Agendas
- Securing America's Future: The Cybersecurity Act of 2012
- GOP Blocks Census Nominee
- New Director of Census Bureau Is Approved
- Information Sharing in the Era of WikiLeaks: Balancing Security and Collaboration
- Rescue the Census
- Collins details plan for cybersecurity director
- Panel OKs First Responder Funds
- Cass Sunstein Confirmed by Full Senate
- Senate Governmental Affairs Committee Seeks Stimulus Accountability
- Cyber Attacks: Protecting Industry Against Growing Threats