Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Everett C. Parker Ethics in Telecommunications Lecture
September 30, 2009
The Riverside Church
New York City
2009 honorees will be:
- Patti Miller, vice president of public policy at Sesame Workshop
- Sam Simon, a fellow at Intersections International, chair of Amplify Public Affairs and founder/former president of TRAC
- Ben Popken and Meghann Marco, co-executive editors of The Consumerist
The 2009 lecturer will be the Rev. Michael Kinnamon, general secretary of the National Council of Churches, who will reflect on the 50-year history of religious involvement in media issues.
Although the annual event has been held in Washington, D.C. in recent years, the principal reasons for moving the event to New York this year are two-fold: First, UCC wanted to make it more accessible for Dr. Parker to be able to attend our 50-year celebration of his media justice ministry and, second, UCC thought it would be nice to hold the event in the city where the Office of Communication, Inc. was founded by Dr. Parker in 1959 and where the UCC was headquartered for more than three decades.
- Everett C. Parker Ethics in Telecommunications Lecture and Awards (updated)
- 30th Annual Everett C. Parker Ethics in Telecommunications Lecture and Awards Breakfast
- Telecommunications Leaders to be Honored for Promoting Public Interest, Diversity in Media
- 26th Annual Everett C. Parker Ethics in Telecommunications Lecture and Awards Luncheon
- 29th Annual Everett C. Parker Lecture and Awards Breakfast
- This Week's Agenda
- Everett C. Parker Ethics in Telecommunications Lecture
- 24th Annual Everett C. Parker Ethics in Telecommunications Lecture
- 31st Annual Everett C. Parker Ethics in Telecommunication Lecture and Awards Breakfast
- Rev. Jesse Jackson Pays Tribute to Parker Legacy, Calls Others to Pursue Media Justice
- Realizing Everett Parker's Dream
- Tuesday's Agenda
- Finding Your Voice
- Finding Your Voice
- FCC's Clyburn Delivers Parker Ethics in Telecommunications Lecture