Broadband Stimulus and the National Broadband Plan: What They Mean for Communications, Technology, and Innovation
Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Broadband Stimulus and the National Broadband Plan:
What They Mean for Communications, Technology, and Innovation
MAPPING CHANGE - Future of Access and Innovation
Media Access Project
Friday, July 17, 2009, 10 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Dickstein Shapiro Conference Center
1825 Eye Street, NW
On July 17, Media Access Project (MAP) will hold its second forum of the 2009 public policy series, MAPPING CHANGE - Future of Access and Innovation. The event will focus on the specifics of this year's economic stimulus package as it relates to broadband development in the United States, and on the Congressional mandate to develop a national broadband plan.
Title: Broadband Stimulus and the National Broadband Plan: What They Mean for Communications, Technology, and Innovation
Date/Time: Friday, July 17, 2009, 10 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Location: Dickstein Shapiro Conference Center, 1825 Eye Street, NW, Washington, DC
Speakers will include Thomas Kalil of the White House Office of Science and Technology and a panel of state-level organizations, private sector representatives, and other experts in the field.
- MAPping Change -- The First 100 Days of the Obama Administration: DTV, Economic Stimulus, and Beyond
- MAPping Change: Social Media, Net Neutrality, and the Future of Journalism
- Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board
- HIT Standards Committee Meeting
- HIT Standards Committee Advisory Meeting (updated with agenda)
- FCC Workshop on Ten-Digit Numbering and E911 Requirements for VRS and IP Relay
- From Deployment to Employment: Broadband Challenges and Opportunities Surrounding Implementation of the Stimulus Package
- HIT Standards Committee meeting
- MAP Annual Event with Kevin Werbach
- HIT Standards Committee Advisory Meeting
- FCC's Consumer Advisory Committee (Sept 09)
- Alliance for Public Technology Policy Forum & Susan G. Hadden Pioneer Awards
- Economic Empowerment for Low-Income Workers Through Broadband Training
- HIT Policy Committee's Certification/Adoption Workgroup Meeting
- Broadband Changed My life