Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Wireless Cities â€¦ Community Context Conference
October 6â€“7, 2005
Digital Technology Center
University of Minnesota
The purpose of the conference is to provide a forum for the exchange of information and ideas on community-centered services delivered over municipal wireless networks.
Municipal wireless networks are being planned and implemented across the nation and the world. This conference will address the use of wireless networks to improve existing community services and innovate new collaborative content for local communities. It will act as a catalyst to engage government, industry and community organizations on how such content would impact public collaboration in the arts, humanities, journalism, education, social networks and other value-added community programming.
For additional information contact the conference administrator Alison Baerwald at email@example.com or 612-624-0811.
- Future of the Internet Public Hearing
- The Future of Municipal Wireless
- Broadband Goals Proposed In Minnesota
- National Conference for Media Reform
- Listen up on public broadcasting
- The Best Laid Plans... Go Awry for Minneapolis Broadband
- Navigating the Currents of Change in Community Media
- Want 50Mbps Internet in your town? Threaten to roll out your own
- 10 More BTOP Grants
- Citywide Wi-Fi isn't dead yet
- Wireless Experts Aid Hurricane Victims
- Let There Be Wi-Fi: Community Broadband and the Future of the Internet
- BTOP-BIP Workshops (Minneapolis, MN)
- Minneapolis Delivers Free Internet Access to More Than 100 Wi-Fi Hotspots
- Civil Rights on the Airwaves