Originally published: October 26, 2009
Last updated: October 26, 2009 - 8:48pm
In a report filed with the Federal Communications Commission, Akamai presents data on aggregate average Internet speeds for U.S. network connections. The report offers average download speeds by state over time and average download speeds by top cities.
- The state with the fastest Internet is...
- Worldwide, broadband demand and speeds are zooming
- State of the Internet: Fiber, Fast Cities and Faster Broadband
- Asia Dominates Top 100 Fastest Internet Cities List
- As Internet gets faster, Hong Kong and South Korea lead the broadband speed derby
- World's Fastest Broadband
- The United States of broadband: Location matters
- How "Fast" is Broadband?
- State of the Internet: The broadband future is faster, but still unevenly distributed
- State of the Internet: Globally, Broadband Continues to Grow
- US broadband's average speed: 3.9Mbps
- State of the Internet: What are the fastest cities in the world
- Is the Federal Government's Defined Speed for Broadband Too Slow?
- US broadband speeds lag behind global counterparts
- Global broadband zooms, US penetration is over 80 percent