Last updated: February 21, 2008 - 3:04am
WILL DIRECTV & ECHOSTAR MERGE?
[SOURCE: TVPredictions, AUTHOR: Phillip Swann]
[Commentary] Satellite operators DIRECTV and EchoStar will soon announce a merger. A deal joining the nation's top satellite TV services has been speculated about for months. However, the rumors have suddenly escalated in the last few weeks with reports coming from last week's Allen & Co. media and technology conference in Idaho. "I think if there's any prospect for (a DIRECTV-EchoStar) deal at all ... it almost certainly has to be in a Republican administration," Craig Moffett, a media analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., told Reuters.
* News Corp. Talk Hikes Dish Stock
- DirecTV-EchoStar Merger?
- Dish Network's Wireless Win Could Nix Merger
- Does Rupert Murdoch's DIRECTV Own Sen. Ted Stevens?
- Consumers Less Satisfied With TV Service
- League of Rural Voters: SIRIUS/XM Merger is Not EchoStar/DirecTV
- Murdoch Fuels DirecTV-Dish Rumor
- Study: Few People to Spend Tax Rebate On Gadgets
- TiVo, EchoStar Potentially To Merge: Analyst
- EchoStar and DirecTV Dispute Affiliates' Concerns Regarding SHVERA
- Senator Duo: Probe Dish-News Dispute
- Senate Bill Would Mandate DirecTV Local Carriage
- Antitrust issue blocked EchoStar-DirecTV deal
- Digital TV: Why the Federal Government Is Screwing It Up
- Digital TV Bill Comes Up Short
- New Group Eyes Adelphia Conditions