Originally published: December 17, 2009
Last updated: December 17, 2009 - 4:44pm
[Commentary] In 2010, the House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology and the Internet will focus on:
1) Reforming the Universal Service Fund through a measure Chairman Boucher co-authored with Rep Lee Terry (R-NE).
2) Ensuring ubiquitous availability of broadband through oversight of the Federal Communications Commission's National Broadband Plan.
3) Protecting consumer privacy.
4) Freeing up spectrum for commercial wireless services.
- Boucher Touts His Universal Service Reform Plan
- Boucher Forging Ahead on Universal Service
- Big Cable Likes Boucher USF Bill
- House Universal Subcommittee on Communications Considers Universal Service Reform Act
- Boucher: Finding More Wireless Spectrum Key Congressional Priority
- Universal Broadband Offers Potential for Businesses and Residents
- House Update on Universal Service Fund High Cost Support Program
- Cable Operators, Verizon Throw Support Behind Universal Service Fund Expansion
- USF Reform, DTV Oversight Hearing On House Docket
- Reps Boucher and Terry: The Universal Service Fund is broken
- Rural Telecom Firms Concerned With USF Bill
- Oversight Of The Federal Communications Commission: The National Broadband Plan
- USF Reform Proposed In House
- Boucher and Lee Jump Start Universal Service Fund Reform Debate
- Boucher makes plans for telecom reform while ramping up re-election campaign