Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
News and Inclusion: Journalism and the Politics of Diversity
Carlos Kelly McClatchy Memorial Symposium
March 4, 2010, 8:45 am - 5:30 pm
Stanford University, Schwab Center, Vidalakis Room
Free and open to the public. Registration required
News and Inclusion: Journalism and the Politics of Diversity will focus on the role of journalism in multicultural societies. Scholars from Singapore, Finland, Australia, The Netherlands, Canada, England, and the United States, will examine, in the context of journalism, the question posed by political theorist Iris Marion Young: "What are the norms and conditions of democratic communication under circumstances of structural inequality and cultural difference?
- I.F. Stone Medal for Journalistic Independence
- Newspaper Chain Agrees to a Sale for $4.5 Billion
- Guild Complains: McClatchy Not Giving It Fair Shake on Buy Offer
- Knight Ridder Chief Expresses His Regrets Over Deal to Sell Newspapers
- Feds ask More Time to Look at Sale of Four KR Papers
- McClatchy ordered to divest Pioneer Press
- From Town Criers to Bloggers: How Will Journalism Survive the Internet Age?
- 4 Knight Ridder Papers to Be Sold for $1 Billion
- Judge: I'm Not Inclined To Block McClatchy's Bay Area Deal
- Universal Broadband: Access for All Americans
- Mogul Close to Deal for Papers
- Surprise! McClatchy Makes Top Bid for Knight Ridder
- MMTC Broadband and Social Justice Summit
- McClatchy Completes Sale of 12 Orphan Knight Ridder Papers
- Newspaper companies put their money where the clicks are