Last updated: February 20, 2008 - 11:06pm
FCC Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein railed against media consolidation last week, speaking to a crowd of 500 people at the University of Iowa. He said that media deregulation tends to harm small communities, where local broadcast news dries up. He warned that getting giant media companies to unmerge is "virtually impossible."
[SOURCE: Des Moines Register, AUTHOR: Jeffrey Patch]
* Iowans testify against further media consolidation
* Iowans Irate With Media, Says Adelstein
- Snapshot: Where Conservative Iowans Get Campaign News
- TV Brouhaha in Iowa
- Media consolidation concerns Adelstein
- Iowa Public Radio rides single wave
- Town Meeting on the Future of Media
- FCC Commissioners speak out Against Media Consolidation
- In Iowa, Clinton Is Pressed on Murdoch
- Iowa radio host is last word on politics
- FCC Holds Media Ownership Rules Hearings
- Fueled By Outside Money, Ad Blitz Hasn't Stopped For Weary Iowans
- FCC Commissioner targets media consolidation
- Columbus (OH) meeting addresses media, diversity
- Media Ownership Hearing in LA (Oct 3, 2006)
- What's Wrong With this Picture?
- Can Oprah do for Obama what she does for books?