Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Media Ownership Workshop
Federal Communications Commission
April 20, 2010
3:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m
The workshop will be broadcast live over the Internet from the FCC Live web page at http://reboot.fcc.gov/live.
Questions from the Internet audience can be submitted throughout the course of the workshop via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and via Twitter using the hash tag #MoWksp.
FCC Media Bureau, 202-418-2449
The workshop will explore any benefits and harms of newspaper/broadcast cross-ownership and the impact these combinations have on competition and diversity in the media marketplace.
Agenda and Panelists
3:00 p.m. Opening Remarks
William Lake, Chief, Media Bureau, Federal Communications Commission
3:15 p.m. Local Cross-Ownership
- Steve Waldman, Senior Advisor to FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski (Moderator)
- Robert Dardenne, Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Journalism and Media Studies, University of South Florida
- Karen Dunlap, President, The Poynter Institute
- Bernard Lunzer, President, The Newspaper Guild and Vice President, Communications Workers of America
- Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher, La Gaceta
- John Schueler, President, Florida Communications Group, Media General, Inc.
- Ken Tonning, President and General Manager, WTSP-TV, Gannett Company, Inc.
- Marc Vila, Vice President and General Manager, WQBN-AM, Radio Tropical, Inc.
- Sandy Wilson, Vice President of Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs, Cox Enterprises, Inc.
4:30 p.m. Break
4:45 p.m. Questions and Answers
6:15 p.m. Public Comments
7:30 p.m. Adjournment
Public participation in the workshop is encouraged.
Open captioning of the forum will be provided. Other reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Include a description of the accommodation you will need. Also include a way we can contact you if we need more information. Last-minute
requests will be accepted, but may not be possible to fill. Send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau at 202-418-0530 (voice), 202-418-0432 (tty).
For further information, contact Krista Witanowski, Media Bureau, 202-418-2449.
- Media Ownership Workshop (South Carolina)
- FCC Media Ownership Workshop (Stanford)
- FCC Media Ownership Workshop in Stanford
- Serving the Public Interest in the Digital Era
- FCC Traveling to Tampa for April 20 Media Ownership Workshop
- Workshop on Universal Service Fund/Intercarrier Compensation Reform (Omaha, Nebraska)
- FCC Public Forum on Comcast-NBCU/GE Joint Venture (updated w/agenda)
- FCC Workshop on Intercarrier Compensation
- FCC hears input on media cross-ownership
- Chicago Media Ownership Hearing Agenda
- FCC Hearing on Media Ownership in Seattle
- Rural Broadband Workshop (updated w/agenda)
- Newspaper Guild President to FCC: Media Consolidation Impairs Journalism, Democracy
- More Details on FCC's Media Ownership Proceeding
- FCC Chicago Media Ownership Hearing