Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Approaches to Preserving the Open Internet
Federal Communications Commission
April 28, 2010
9:30 a.m. PDT
The Federal Communications Commission announced a public workshop for the FCC's Open Internet proceeding, entitled "Approaches to Preserving the Open Internet."
The workshop will address how the Internet's openness can best be preserved, including by examining historical and ongoing efforts to protect Internet openness in the United States and other countries, and by discussing the key technological, economic, and legal considerations relevant to the need for and substance of the Commission's proposed open Internet policies.
- Cole Brodman, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, T-Mobile
- Terry Davis, Technical Fellow, Boeing
- Michael Geist, Professor of Law, University of Ottawa
- Carl Gipson, Director for Small Business, Technology and Telecommunications, Washington Policy Center
- Preston McAfee, Vice President and Research Fellow, Yahoo! Research
- Barbara van Schewick, Assistant Professor of Law, Stanford Law School
- Bill Schrier, Chief Technology Officer, City of Seattle
- Mike Sievert, Chief Commercial Officer, Clearwire
- Gigi Sohn, President and Co-Founder, Public Knowledge
- Simon Wilkie, Chair, University of Southern California Economics Department
The workshop will be open to the public; however, admittance will be limited to the seating available.
Audio/video coverage of the workshop will be broadcast live with open captioning over the Web at www.openinternet.gov.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please include a description of the accommodation you will need. Individuals making such requests must include their contact information should FCC staff need to contact them for more information. Requests should be made as early as possible. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau: 202-418-0530 (voice), 202-418-0432 (TTY).
For additional information about the Open Internet proceeding, please visit www.openinternet.gov.
- Approaches to Preserving the Open Internet
- FCC Capitalization Strategies Workshop
- Genachowski reiterates 'unwavering commitment' to open Internet
- Transatlantic Perspectives on Digital Rights and Online Privacy
- FCC Media Ownership Workshop (Stanford)
- Public Knowledge Tells FCC Hearing Rules Needed To Protect Open Internet
- FCC: Digital Television Consumer Education Workshop
- FCC Workshops on the Open Internet
- 2nd Workshop on Intercarrier Compensation and Universal Service Fund Reform
- Consumer Advisory Committee
- San Diego Field Hearing on National Broadband Plan
- Pole Attachment Workshop
- Promoting Mobile Broadband In Your Community By Collocating Wireless Antennas on Communication Towers
- Open Internet Advisory Committee (May 2013)
- FCC's Consumer Advisory Committee