Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Workshop on Critical Infrastructure and Information Collection
Federal Communications Commission
April 13, 2010 from 9:00 a.m.-12:45 p.m
As Americans increasingly rely on broadband services for so many aspects of their lives, including public safety and national security, it is critical for the FCC to gain a better understanding of the survivability of existing networks and explore potential measures to reduce network vulnerability to failures in network equipment or severe overload conditions in emergencies.
The workshop will focus on reliability and security of the nation's communications critical infrastructure. Discussion will address both protecting and securing communications and information systems and incentives that should be in place to encourage increased resiliency and security in communications networks. Panelists will also discuss reliability information collection and how such data can help to improve the reliability and security of wired and wireless communications infrastructures including broadband networks.
The workshop will be open to the public; however, admittance will be limited to the seating available. Those individuals who are interested in attending this event may pre-register on-line at http://www.fcc.gov/pshs/event-registration.html. Those who pre-register will be asked to provide their name, title, organization affiliation, and contact information. Individuals may also contact Deandrea Wilson at [email protected] or via phone at 202-418-0703 regarding pre-registration. The deadline for pre-registration is Friday, April 9, 2010.
Audio/Video coverage of the meeting will be broadcast live with open captioning over the Internet from the FCC's web page at www.fcc.gov/live. The FCC's web cast is free to the public and does not require pre-registration.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please include a description of the accommodation you will need. Individuals making such requests must include their contact information should FCC staff need to contact them for more information. Requests should be made as early as possible. Please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau: 202-418-0530 (voice), 202-418-0432 (TTY).
For additional information about the meeting, please contact Susan McLean at (202) 418-7868 or by email: [email protected]
- Workshop on Cybersecurity Roadmap (updated w/agenda)
- 21st Century Emergency Alerting
- NIST's Role in Improving Public Safety Communications
- Contraband Cell Phones in Prisons (updated w/agenda)
- Colloquium on Public Safety aspects of the National Broadband Plan
- Technical Panel on 700 MHz Nationwide Interoperable Public Safety Wireless Broadband Network
- The Making of a Robust, Next Generation Emergency Information Highway
- Earthquake Communications Preparedness Forum
- POSTPONED: FCC Forum to Address Emergency Response Interoperability Center
- FCC Interoperability Forum (updated with agenda)
- Summit on 911 and Enhanced 911 Services
- 4.9 GHz Band: Spectrum Dedicated to Public Safety for Broadband Use (w/agenda)
- FCC's Spectrum Summit (updated with summaries)
- 2007 Broadband Connectivity Competition Policy (FTC)
- How the Internet Can Benefit Older Americans