Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Journalism's Digital Transition: Unique Legal Challenges and Opportunities
Online Media Legal Network
Friday, April 9, 2010
The Berkman Center's Citizen Media Law Project and Cyberlaw Clinic are pleased to announce a one-day symposium and CLE program to celebrate the launch of the Online Media Legal Network (OMLN). OMLN is a legal referral service that connects qualifying online journalism ventures and digital media creators with lawyers willing to provide legal services on a pro bono or reduced-fee basis. It supports promising ventures and innovative thinkers in online and digital media by providing access to legal help that would otherwise be unavailable.
Registration Langdell North 9:30am-10:15am
Opening Remarks/Introduction to OMLN Langdell North 10:15am-10:30am
Saving Journalism from Itself?
Hot News, Copyright Fair Use and News Aggregation Langdell North 10:30am-12:00pm
Lunch speaker Speaker: Joshua Benton - Director, Nieman Journalism Lab at Harvard University
Building and Managing Online Communities - Anonymity, Defamation and Privacy, Oh My! 1:15-2:55
The Future of Journalism: Law and Ethics in a Changing Media Ecosystem
- Does Red Lion Still Roar?
- The 2013 Public Knowledge Policy Symposium
- FCC Pushing 'Double Re-scan'
- Memo to the News Networks
- Facebook Raises $16 Billion in IPO
- FTC Public Forum on Threats to Mobile Devices
- NARUC Annual Meeting
- Vietnam Convicts 3 Bloggers Over Posts
- Appraising the state of digital news media
- The Power and Potential of the Unlicensed Economy
- Channel Sharing Workshop
- Tilting at Internet Barrier, a Stalwart Is Upended
- Public Broadcasting and Public Affairs
- Digging for voters with Big Data
- The Intention Economy: When Customers Take Charge