Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
How IT is Driving the Self-Service Economy
Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Tax day is next week. Maybe you are among the millions of people who will complete and file the 1040 on your own. Filing taxes, processing photos, checking in at the airport, renting a beach house. More and more we do it ourselves. As consumers we enjoy the empowerment and cost savings. But many checkout clerks, realtors, lawyers and others feel their livelihoods could be threatened or warn consumers could be at risk from bypassing expert advice. How is this trend changing our lives and where are we headed? Is the government embracing the self-service trend or still reliant on bureaucracy and paper - such as that census form you recently sent in? Answers to these and other questions at our upcoming event.
Dr. Robert D. Atkinson
President and Founder, ITIF
Senior Analyst, ITIF
Executive Director, NetChoice
- Eddie Lazarus Reflects on a Dramatic Tenure as FCC Chief of Staff
- Embracing the Self-Service Economy
- Role of Managed Services on Broadband Networks
- Broadband and Energy Efficiency
- What Will the Internet of the Future Look Like?
- Fostering Internet Competition
- Broadband Technology Opportunities Program
- Explaining International Mobile Payments Leadership
- Riding the Mobile Wave: The Future of Mobile Computing
- The Race to Innovate
- FCC Chairman Genachowski Remarks on Universal Service Reform
- Allocating Educational Spectrum
- HIT Policy Committee's NHIN Workgroup
- Why Is the U.S. Missing Out on the M-Commerce Revolution?
- Public Diplomacy 2.0