Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
The State of Telecom--A Trans-Atlantic Dialogue
New York, NY
October 20, 2006
9:00am-5:00pm Â· 142 Uris Hall
The Columbia Institute for Tele-Information (CITI) and Institut de l'Audiovisuel et des TÃ©lÃ©communications en Europe (IDATE) will link their respective annual reviews of the North American and European telecommunications and information industries.
o What is the relative health of the telecom, cable, and internet communications industries in Europe and North America?
o Are multiple broadband infrastructures sustainable?
o How are technology trends shaping the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industries in Europe and North America?
o How are telecom consumers (individuals and businesses) doing and how will consumers shape the regulatory and business environment?
o What are the trends in Europe and North America regarding regulation and public policy in the era of convergence, particularly network neutrality and open access.
Public Sector Speakers
o GABRIELLE GAUTHEY, Board Member, French Electronics Communication Regulatory Authority
o MATTHIAS KURTH, President, German Federal Network Agency
o STEFANO MANNONI, Commissioner, Italian Communications Authority
o HAROLD FURCHTGOTT-ROTH, former COMMISSIONER, Federal Communications Commission
o JACK GOLDBERG, Vice Chairman, Connecticut Board of Public Utility Control
Private Sector Speakers:
Alcatel Olivier Baujard â€“ Chief Technical Officer
France Telecom Jacques Champeaux â€“ Exec. Vice President
AT&T Brent Olson, Asst. Vice President
IBM Joe Ziskin, VP Strategy, Global Telecom Industry
Balhoff & Rowe Robert Rowe, Senior Partner
Lagardere Philippe Camus, Chairman
Bell Canada Lawson Hunter - Exec. Vice President
Merrill Lynch Gene Campbell, Analyst
BT Americas Dwight C. Rees, Head of Sales
Motorola Tony Zona, VP Strategy and Business Development
Cisco Robert Pepper, Sr. Managing Director
Telecom Italia Andrea Camanzi
Deutsche Telekom Klaus-Peter Statz, CEO and President
Verizon Business Randy Milch, Sr. Vice President and General Counsel
Fibernet Jon DeLuca, President & CEO
Vodafone Richard Feasey, Director-Group Public Policy
Register online at http://www.ersvp.com/r/event4920. Corporate rate: $200. Columbia faculty and staff: $50. Columbia students: free, without lunch, $10 with lunch. Please contact Ben Bloom at 212-854-4222 for special registration arrangements. See http://www.citi.columbia.edu for agenda and additional information.
- International Summit on Communications and Media
- The National Broadband Plan: A Roundtable Discussion
- The National Broadband Plan: One Year Later
- Columbia to Conduct Independent Review of Telecom Capital Expenditures to Assist FCC (updated)
- EU to Tighten Web Privacy Law, Risking Trans-Atlantic Dispute
- New York City's Sustained Broadband Adoption Effort
- Rural broadband vs. red tape
- National Broadband Plan Workshop on International Lessons
- Partnership for Innovation
- National Broadband Plan Workshop: Review and Discussion of Broadband Deployment Research
- Report: US providers' broadband ambitions still unfulfilled
- Telecoms consider 'bailout' too
- Consumer Groups Push State, EU for Privacy Protections
- AT&T's goal is to stay ahead of tech curve
- Google Street View privacy flap shows growing rift between US, EU