Originally published: July 6, 2010
Last updated: July 6, 2010 - 9:27pm
Federal Communications Commissioner Mignon Clyburn announced July 6 that Angela ("Angie") Kronenberg will assume the responsibility of Chief of Staff, and that Eloise Gore will be on detail from the Media Bureau to advise the Commissioner on media and consumer issues.
Kronenberg succeeds Rick Kaplan, who will serve as Chief Counsel and Senior legal Advisor to FCC Chairman Genachowski. Kronenberg has been serving as the Commissioner's Wireline Legal Advisor since December 2009 and provides advice on a wide variety of wireline, broadband, and universal service matters. Prior to joining the Commissioner, she served as Special Counsel in the Spectrum & Competition Policy Division of the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau. Before coming to the FCC, she practiced telecommunications and media law for over a decade in the Washington, D.C. office of Willkie Farr & Gallagher.
Gore has been Associate Bureau Chief in the Media Bureau since 2008 and oversaw the Digital Television transition, which was completed last year. She has also been responsible for cable and satellite carriage issues, including implementation of the new Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act. Gore has been at the FCC for nearly 14 years, beginning in the Cable Services Bureau.
- Commissioner Clyburn Hires Dad's Aide to Lead Her Office
- FCC Commissioner Clyburn announces Staff Change
- COMPTEL Names Former FCC Advisor Angela Kronenberg as Chief Advocate and General Counsel
- National Hispanic Media Coalition Seeks Support For FCC Hate Speech Inquiry
- FCC Commissioner McDowell Announces Staff Change
- FCC Commissioner Clyburn Announces Staff
- FCC Acting Chairwoman Mignon Clyburn Makes Staff Announcements
- Glass Ceiling Shattered at FCC: The Clyburn Chairmanship Begins
- Chairman Genachowski Announces Senior Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau Appointments
- FCC Acting Chairwoman Mignon L. Clyburn Names Robert H. Ratcliffe Acting Enforcement Bureau Chief
- Alexander Joins McDowell's Staff
- FCC Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel Announces New Staff
- Kaplan to Succeed Gottlieb as Chief Counsel to FCC Chairman Genachowski
- FCC Chairman Genachowski Announces Enforcement Bureau Chief
- McDowell Announces Staff, Will Vote on Media Ownership