Last updated: February 21, 2008 - 4:22am
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
[SOURCE: The Nation, AUTHOR: Kristal Brent Zook]
Once again, all five FCC commissioners were invited. Once again, only two showed up. It was the Democrats alone -- commissioners Michael Copps and Jonathan Adelstein -- who arrived at Hunter College in New York City Thursday to listen and to agree with a crowd of 350 citizens opposed to further consolidation of the media. Emotions ran high, as some waited for nearly four hours, until 10 PM, to have their chance at a microphone.
- When Social Media Mining Gets It Wrong
- What's Wrong With This Picture?
- As Big Media Gets Bigger, What's Left To Buy?
- IT jobs may get left behind in recovery
- The Cyber Cure
- PTC Takes Issue With CW's 'Gossip'
- Senators postpone cybersecurity meeting
- Facebook needs to break its cycle of backlash
- Cable: Let us lock down your TV (we'll offer movies sooner)
- For the First Time Ever, Women Could Head FTC, FCC
- FCC Library Invites Technology Manufacturers and Service Providers to Showcase their Tablets, Telephones and eBook Readers
- Early Hour for War Series, Salty Language and All
- On Boston bombing, media are wrong – again
- GOP Beats Dead Horse; It Remains Dead
- Why is Apple offering an unlocked iPhone 4?