Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Leading Innovations in Healthcare Technology
Information Technology and Innovation
Thursday, July 22, 2010
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
As implementation of the landmark health care reform law gets under way, an equally revolutionary change is shaping health care. Technologies are emerging that will radically change how we monitor and diagnose diseases, redefine our relationships to our doctors, make us healthier and extend our lives. The era of more precise, data-driven and effective health care has just begun and there are many questions to think about. How is technology enabling treatments customized to individual patients that are more effective and cheaper? How is technology enabling outcomes-based medicine and providing greater accountability for providers? How is technology reducing errors and improving treatment? And how is technology key to meeting the President's goal of "bending the health care cost curve?" To explore these questions, ITIF is pleased to announce a unique opportunity to hear from Dr. Rob Epstein, the Chief Medical Officer and President of Medco Research Institute, and one of the foremost leaders in the world on the healthcare innovation revolution.
President and Founder, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
Robert S. Epstein
Chief Medical Officer, Medco
- Powering the Mobile Revolution: Principles of Spectrum Allocation
- Revising COPPA: A Discussion of the FTC's Proposals
- Recommendations from the mHealth Task Force
- A National Blueprint for Technology and the Public Good
- Empowering Individuals and the Economy Through Broadband
- Broadband in Low-income Communities: From Access to Adoption
- Evaluating the Cloud Computing Act of 2011
- Information Technology Making a Difference in Children's Lives
- Health IT in an Era of Accountable Care: Update from the Beacon Communities
- Advanced Universal Service: Policies for Stimulating Deployment and Demand
- Health IT Seminar
- Explaining International Health IT Leadership
- How Broadband is Changing Educational Institutions
- Can Technology 'Cure' Health Care’s Future?
- President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology