Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Future of the Internet Public Hearing
Main Street Project and the Center for Media Justice
August 19, 2010
South High School Auditorium
3131 19th Avenue South
The event will feature Federal Communications Commission members Michael Copps and Mignon Clyburn and Minnesota Secretary of State Mark Ritchie.
Members of the community are encouraged to attend and to share their ideas, experiences and concerns with the commissioners. The meeting will focus on the FCC's responsibility to protect the open Internet for consumers and to foster universal broadband access across the country. We've reached a critical juncture in the debate over the future of the Internet in America. The Aug. 19 hearing in Minneapolis is the right time and place for the public to weigh in -- and to remind the FCC that our voices must be part of this conversation.
- Minneapolis Hearing on Internet's Future
- BTOP-BIP Workshops (Minneapolis, MN)
- Hearing on the Future of the Internet (Albuquerque)
- Conf: Wireless Cities â€¦ Community Context Conference
- Copps: Cable-ization of Internet is a danger to America
- NTIA, RUS Going 'On Tour' - Stimulus Meeting Times and Agenda Announced
- FCC Broadband Discussion moves to Charleston
- Swing vote Copps reiterates Title II support
- The Battle for Broadband
- Time Warner Wins on Fees
- Network neutrality expected to pass, investment analyst says
- Sen. Al Franken: We Have a Free Speech Problem
- Privacy Event at the White House
- Some clarity in war over Internet access
- Genachowski might need to win Title II proponent Copps to pass network neutrality rules