Last updated: February 21, 2008 - 4:44am
DINGELL HIRES FORMER AIDES
[SOURCE: The Hill, AUTHOR: Jim Snyder]
Rep. John Dingell (D-MI), who will be the chairman of the House Commerce Committee, announced that two former aides are rejoining his staff. Dennis Fitzgibbons, now the top lobbyist at DaimlerChrysler, will be chief of staff to the committee. He was minority deputy staff director when he left in 2000 to join the automaker. Gregg Rothschild, now a vice president and policy counsel at Verizon, will be the new chief counsel to Commerce. He had previously been the minority counsel.
* Read more about Gregg Rothschild: http://www.netcaucus.org/biography/gregg-rothschild.shtml
BARTON EXISTS RACE FOR MINORITY LEADER
[SOURCE: Broadcasting&Cable, AUTHOR: John Eggerton]
Commerce Committee Chairman Joe Barton (R-TX) has taken his hat out of the ring for minority leader. Republicans vote Friday and, seeing the handwriting on the wall, Rep Barton said he will, instead, back Rep John Boehner.
* Barton bows out, endorses Boehner
FCC'S MCMANUS JOINS COMCAST
[SOURCE: Multichannel News]
Mary McManus of the FCC's Office of General Counsel will join Comcast as senior director of FCC and regulatory policy in Washington, DC.
- Sirius to launch TV service in Chrysler 2008 cars
- Profile: NCTA's Kyle McSlarrow
- "We can be the world leader in communications technology"
- Barton: NABâ€™s Rehr Wrong About Dingell
- Today's Quote
- Local Stations Struggle to Adapt As Web Grabs Viewers, Revenue
- Commerce Committee Chairman Upton Names Senior Staff
- Boucher Taps Levin as Counsel for House Telecom Committee
- Republicans' secret formula — 501(c)(4)
- Minority Media Group Opposes A La Carte
- At CBS News, investigative reporting gets a higher profile
- NAB Legislative Lobbying Ticket
- Dingell Probe Of FCC Could Yield June Hearing
- Chairman Upton Names New House Commerce Committee General Counsel
- Communities Fear Effect of a Knight Ridder Sale