Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
28th Annual Telecommunications Policy & Regulation Institute
Practising Law Institute and the Federal Communications Bar Association
Dec. 9 - 10, 2010
Omni Shoreham Hotel-Washington, DC
Once again, Practising Law Institute and the Federal Communications Bar Association are co-sponsoring the nation's leading annual conference on telecommunications and broadband law and regulation. This comprehensive program provides a detailed understanding of the hottest issues facing the telecommunications industry today at the FCC, Congress, and within the executive and judicial branches. Hear directly from top practitioners, in-house counsel from top telecommunications companies, and key government officials, including FCC Commissioners and Bureau Chiefs. If you're looking to learn what legal challenges lay ahead for telecommunications practitioners, this is the program for you!
What You Will Learn
The country's foremost public and private sector officials provide an intensive overview of current trends and developments to come in various industry segments - including wireless, wireline telecommunications, broadband Internet and international fields. The Institute also concentrates on industry competition, convergence and consolidation.
- Fast-paced panel discussions featuring both government and industry representatives
- Keynote speeches by FCC members and other top government policy makers
- Learn important updates on wireline, wireless, and the future of the Internet
- Get a comprehensive look ahead at the future of telecommunications
- Hear a debate on a controversial telecommunications issue
Presented by PLI in cooperation with the Federal Communications Bar Association. The Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA) is an organization of over 3,000 attorneys and other professionals, including engineers, consultants, economists and government officials, involved in the development, interpretation and practice of communications law and policy. The FCBA is represented as an affiliated organization in the House of Delegates of the American Bar Association. The FCBA Chairman's Dinner will take place the evening of the first day of the program at the same location.
- WCA 2007
- HIT Policy Committee's Information Exchange Workgroup Meeting
- HIT Standards Committee's Implementation Workgroup
- Chairman Takes Aim At FCBA Dinner
- CoSN 2010 Annual Conference
- Bush Administration U.S. & Global Broadband Policy Perspectives
- HIT Policy Committee's NHIN Workgroup
- HIT Policy Committee
- HIT Standards Committee meeting
- NTIA’s Strickling Points to ITU for Conference 'Failure'
- HIT Standards Committee Advisory Meeting
- HIT Standars Committee
- FCC Chairman Kevin Martin Roasted, Then Jabs At Cable
- Only One Year to Go: FCBA Luncheon Featuring DTV Transition Panel
- Wireless Communications Association Annual Convention