Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Hearings to examine the Electronic Communications Privacy Act
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
Wednesday, Sep. 22, 2010
The Honorable Cameron F. Kerry, Esq.
United States Department of Commerce
The Honorable James A. Baker, Esq.
Associate Deputy Attorney General
United States Department of Justice
James X. Dempsey, Esq.
Vice President for Public Policy
Center for Democracy and Technology
San Francisco, CA
Brad Smith, Esq.
General Counsel and Senior Vice President, Legal and Corporate Affairs
Jamil N. Jaffer, Esq.
- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act: Government Perspectives on Protecting Privacy in the Digital Age
- Cybercrime: Updating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act to Protect Cyberspace and Combat Emerging Threats
- The Need for Privacy Protections: Perspectives from the Administration and the Federal Trade Commission
- State of the Net 2011
- Privacy and Data Security: Protecting Consumers in the Modern World
- Commerce Department Supports Privacy Bill
- Oversight of the Enforcement of the Antitrust Laws
- Hearing: Protecting Copyright and Innovation in a Post-Grokster World
- The Collection and Use of Location Information for Commercial Purposes
- Advancing Freedom of Information in the New Era of Responsibility
- Protecting Mobile Privacy: Your Smartphones, Tablets, Cell Phones and Your Privacy
- Your Health and Your Privacy: Protecting Health Information in a Digital World
- Senators, witnesses slam amendment to video privacy law
- Oversight of the Office of the Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator
- Privacy Implications of Online Advertising