Originally published: November 4, 2010
Last updated: November 29, 2010 - 11:46am
Broadband and wireless services will be critical to future growth and profitability for small telcos--and the 2010 Telergee Alliance Benchmarking Study underscores that important reality, as well as some of the challenges involved in growing those business lines.
Virtually the only small telco revenue source that saw an increase between 2008 and 2009 was Internet service, which grew 5.5% and represented about 12.4% of the average small telco's total 2009 revenues, according to the Telergee data.
- New Telergee Study: Rural telco operating margins declined again
- Fiber-based services could solve small telco profit squeeze
- Policy issues key to small telco financial, competitive health
- Rural Groups Urge FCC to Look Beyond Cuts and Caps for USF Reform
- Connecting Rural America
- Universal Service Fund already supporting broadband
- Connect America Fund I (NPRM)
- The USF Reform Act vs. the National Broadband Plan
- Does USF Reform Put RUS Loans at Risk of Default?
- My Valentine’s Day with Rural Telcos: Know Hope
- Cable Operators Agree It Is Time to Reform USF
- Rockefeller: FCC must fix universal service system
- Reps Boucher and Terry: The Universal Service Fund is broken
- FCC Gets Wide Range of Input on USF Reform (updated)
- NASUCA Talks Broadband, Universal Service Reform at FCC