Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
2011 Media That Matters Conference
The Center for Social Media and Arts Engine, Inc.
February 10-11, 2011
This year's theme, "Storytelling across Platforms," focuses on today's evolving media world in which publics can engage with creative projects across platforms such as radio, the web and mobile devices, as well as film and TV. Watch for updates on keynote speakers, panel discussions and more!
Thursday, February 10, 2011
2:30pm Fair Use Workshop
4:30pm Conference check-in and registration open
5:30pm Keynote Address
Keynote Speaker: Katy Chevigny, Co-founder and Senior Director of Arts Engine; Producer, Pushing the Elephant
7:30pm Dinner Reception
Friday, February 11, 2011
9:00am Conference check-in and registration open
9:45am Welcome and Introduction
Panel 1: How documentary filmmakers are producing media across platforms
Presentation: Chris Palmer, author of Shooting In the Wild; Ethical dilemmas in environmental and wildlife filmmaking
Panel 2: Collaboration: Models for recruiting people to paint the fence
Panel 3: Radio: What can we learn from innovations in radio storytelling
4:45pm Closing Reception
- Media That Matters 2012
- Making Your Media Matter 2009
- Is Facebook Finally Useful?
- Broadband Policy Summit VI
- Open Dialogue: Media Policy
- Improving Local Media Coverage: Three Approaches
- Translating public health into media
- Silicon Valley Human Rights Conference
- Cybersecurity and Cyber Freedom: The Future of Digital Surveillance Technology
- The power of storytelling: What nonprofits can teach the private sector about social media
- Innovation Economy Conference
- Toward a Copyright Office for the 21st Century
- Mobile World Congress
- Google Search Competitor in France Files EU Antitrust Complaint Over Ads
- Consumer Online Privacy