Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Broadband and Social Justice Summit 2011
Minority Media & Telecom Council
Westin Grand Hotel, 2350 M St. N.W.
January 20-21, 2011
The MMTC Broadband & Social Justice Summit will highlight three of the greatest priorities in broadband policy today: achieving universal broadband access, adoption and informed use, meeting the nation’s spectrum needs, and using broadband for civic engagement and social justice. Senior policymakers from the White House, Congress, the FCC and industry will engage with civil rights leaders on the direction the nation must take to achieve digital equality and justice online.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
11:00 AM Registration Opens
Noon-1:50 PM Congressional Luncheon
2:00-3:00 PM The Obama Administration’s Broadband Policy Priorities
3:10-4:30 PM Universal Broadband Adoption: A Civil Rights Imperative
4:30-5:30 PM The Roadmap to Universal Access, Adoption And Affordability
5:30-8:30 PM Social Justice Reception – Sponsored By Politic365
Friday, January 21, 2011
7:30 AM Registration Opens
8:00-9:20 AM Commissioners’ Breakfast: The FCC’s Broadband Policy Priorities
9:30-10:20 AM The National Broadband Plan: What Must Be Done To Complete The Transition To The Digital Age?
10:30-11:20 AM Civic Engagement And Social Justice In The Wake Of The 2010 Election
11:20-11:50 AM Broadband Innovation: An Engine Of Social Justice
Noon-2:00 PM High Tech Policy Luncheon: The Policies That Will Deliver America 100% Broadband Access, Adoption and Affordability
3:00-5:30 PM WORKSHOP: Blogging for Social Justice: How To Use Social Media To Transform Society (Capitol Visitors Center – All Are Welcome
- MMTC Access to Capital Conference
- MMTC Broadband & Social Justice Summit
- MMTC's 6th Annual Access to Capital Conference
- MMTC 2007 Access to Capital Conference
- MMTC Broadband & Social Justice Policy Summit 2013
- USDA Broadband Workshop
- Forum on the Universal Service Fund
- MMTC Access to Capital and Telecom Policy Conference
- Minority Broadband Summit
- WCAI's Wireless Policy Summit
- MMTC Broadband and Social Justice Summit
- FCC Meeting on Broadband Policy
- Only One Year to Go: FCBA Luncheon Featuring DTV Transition Panel
- Wireless Communications Association’s WCA 2008
- FCC's Genachowski: Broadband Is The "Great Equalizer"