Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Date: May 12 2011 - 10:30am - 12:30pm
Federal Communications Commission, 445 12th Street SW, Washington, DC, 20554, United States
FCC Open Meeting
Thursday, May 12
Here's the tentative agenda:
- NPRM to Strengthen and Secure America's Critical Communications Infrastructure: A Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to extend the outage reporting requirements in Part 4 of the rules to interconnected VoIP and broadband service providers to promote the resiliency of America's 9-1-1 system and the country's critical communications infrastructure.
- Elimination of the International Settlements Policy NPRM: As part of the Commission's regulatory reform efforts, a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to remove outdated regulations governing the exchange of telephone traffic between U.S. and foreign carriers that are no longer necessary to protect consumers and competition, while strengthening protections against anticompetitive practices by foreign carriers.
- Streamlining and Modernizing International Data Reporting Requirements First Report and Order and FNPRM: As part of the Commission's Data Innovation Initiative, a First Report and Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to eliminate unnecessary reporting requirements regarding international telephone service, while streamlining and modernizing remaining international data reporting to ensure continued relevance in light of changing markets.
- FCC Announces May Meeting Agenda
- FCC Makes May Agenda Official
- FCC Open Meeting (September 2011)
- FCC Open Meeting (July 2011)
- Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting (August 2012)
- FCC Open Meeting (July)
- Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting (Feb 2012)
- FCC Open Meeting (September)
- FCC Open Meeting (April 2011)
- FCC Open Meeting (August w/agenda)
- FCC Open Meeting (May)
- FCC Open Meeting (August 2011)
- FCC Open Meeting (April 2013)
- Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting (Sept 2012)
- Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting (March 2012)