Originally published: January 9, 2011
Last updated: January 9, 2011 - 7:20pm
Pursuant to its administration of the State Broadband Data and Development (SBDD) Program, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) has requested access to data collected on the Commission's Form 477. Specifically, NTIA is seeking access to data on Internet access connections as of June 30, 2010, with a reporting deadline of September 1, 2010. This Notice initiates a pleading cycle that would allow any affected provider to oppose such disclosure of Form 477 data.
Affected parties have until January 17, 2011 to oppose disclosure to NTIA of the Form 477 data that the FCC collects from broadband service providers. If the FCC receives no opposition from affected parties by that date, the FCC will disclose the information requested above to NTIA. Among the purposes of the SBDD Program is to assist state-designated eligible entities in gathering data twice a year on the availability, speed, and location of broadband services, as well as on the use of broadband services by community institutions, such as schools, libraries and hospitals. The FCC and NTIA will use data collected from state eligible entities in the SBDD Program to develop a comprehensive national inventory map of broadband service capability and availability, in fulfillment of NTIA's obligation under the ARRA. NTIA intends to use Form 477 broadband data as a baseline for comparison with the data collected by the eligible entity in each State pursuant to the SBDD Program and may include non-confidential Form 477 data in the National Broadband Map website.
- Connected Nation’s Methodology for Broadband Provider Outreach and Relationship Management
- Any Objections? NTIA Requests Access to FCC's Broadband Data
- NTIA seeks Comment on State Broadband Data and Development Performance Progress Reports Changes
- NTIA Releases Broadband Adoption Data
- Broadband Mapping Extension, Funds for Additional Broadband Efforts
- 911 to Nowhere
- New Data on Internet Access Services
- NTIA Broadband Data Transparency Workshop
- NTIA's Broadband Mapping Initiative
- FCC Seeks Comment on Access to Broadband Data
- Big Cable Has No objection to FCC Sharing Broadband Data
- New Data for the National Broadband Map
- Is NTIA Collecting the Right Info from Broadband Mapping Awardees?
- NTIA Seeks Comment on State Broadband Data and Development Grant Program
- Does Place Really Matter? Broadband Availability, Race and Income