Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Roundtable on Federal Government Engagement in Standards
National Institute of Standards and Technology
Department of Commerce
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Achieving national priorities such as the development and deployment of a Smart Grid, secure and interoperable electronic health records, cybersecurity, cloud computing, and interoperability in emergency communications depends upon interoperable standards. Consensus standards for these new technology sectors are helping drive innovation, economic growth, and job creation.
The DoC and NIST are hosting a moderated panel discussion with thought leaders from industry and academia to address the following questions: What is an appropriate role for the Federal government in convening industry stakeholders and catalyzing standards development and use? How should the Federal government engage in sectors where there is a compelling national interest? How are existing public-private initiatives in standardization working?
All visitors to the event are strongly encouraged to pre-register.
- Commerce Department, NIST Host Standards Setting Forum
- Mobile Devices Roundtable: Safeguarding Health Information
- National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence Secure Exchange of Electronic Health Information Demonstration Project
- NIST considers changes in federal role in standards development
- NIST Framework and Roadmap for Smart Grid Interoperability Standards
- Smart Grid Advisory Committee
- Technical Conference on Smart Grid Interoperability Standards
- NIST Publishes Approved Testing Procedures for Electronic Health Records
- FCC Interoperability Forum (updated with agenda)
- Evaluating the Usability of Electronic Health Record Systems
- Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board
- Smart grid standards: Interoperability and cyber security standards ready for review
- Former FCC Officials Evaluate Implementation of National Broadband Plan
- MAPping Change -- The First 100 Days of the Obama Administration: DTV, Economic Stimulus, and Beyond
- Personal Health Records — Understanding the Evolving Landscape