Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Usage-Based vs. Unlimited: Which Mobile Broadband Pricing Plan Will Prevail?
Wednesday, February 16
12:30 - 2:00 PM
FierceWireless invites you to attend an exclusive executive luncheon. Join Editor-in-Chief, Sue Marek, as she sits down with top telecom industry executives to discuss the latest developments in pricing models.
Marek will be joined by top executives from Alcatel-Lucent, Orange, Strategy Analytics, and more to discuss key issues including:
- Will operators offer different types of pricing models?
- How will prepaid, postpaid, off-peak, on-peak and usage-based pricing scenarios be implemented?
- What pricing scenarios will make the most efficient use of the 4G (and 3G) network?
- Do operators need to switch from a one-device, one-plan mentality and start selling data in packages of megabytes?
- Is the unlimited data plan on its way to extinction?
This intimate roundtable environment provides an opportunity to hear what top industry executives really have to say in an uncensored environment.
- The Unlimited Mobile data Plan Suffers more Casualties
- AT&T Wireless Shift Promises Boon to Cable
- Rep Eshoo Seeks GAO Study of Usage-Based Pricing
- Verizon's Palmer details the company's AWS deployment strategy, VoLTE launch plans and more
- Data by the Bucket
- Usage-Based Pricing Plans Are Essential to Bridging the Digital Divide
- Quantifying the mobile data tsunami and its implications
- Usage-based pricing gets FCC support
- Is usage-based pricing inevitable?
- FCC Commissioner Pai: Court Victory Could Embolden FCC Toward 'More' Internet Regulations
- Analyst: Carriers set to introduce usage-based mobile data pricing
- AT&T CEO revisits usage-based 3G pricing
- Why bandwidth caps could be a threat to competition
- Canada's CRTC to hand down decision on usage-based billing this week
- NCTA's Powell: Usage-Based Pricing About Fairness, Not Capacity