Originally published: February 15, 2011
Last updated: February 15, 2011 - 2:53pm
On Feb 15, the Federal Communications Commission directed the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) to take steps to implement the recommendations in the Government Accountability Office Report entitled Telecommunications: FCC's Performance Management Weaknesses Could Jeopardize Proposed Reforms of the Rural Health Care Program. Specifically USAC is directed to develop an evaluation plan for the Rural Health Care Pilot Program.
Such efforts may include the use of an independent consultant subject to FCC oversight and approval, and should consider the input from relevant stakeholders, such as the Department of Health and Human Services. USAC and FCC staff efforts should determine the sufficiency of the quarterly reporting requirements for Pilot Program participants. For example, USAC and FCC staff should determine whether Pilot Program participants are providing sufficiently detailed and complete disclosure in their quarterly reports. USAC and FCC staff may also consider whether there are improvements to information that should be collected from Pilot Program participants as would benefit future program reforms. The evaluation plan should consider various alternatives to obtain input from Pilot Program participants regarding lessons learned from the Pilot Program.
- Chairman Genachowski's Response Regarding GAO Report on Rural Health Care Program
- FCC's Performance Management Weaknesses Could Jeopardize Proposed Reforms of the Rural Health Care Program
- FCC Extends Deadlines for Rural Health Care Pilot Program
- Broadband Health Care Networks Improve Quality of Care for Rural Americans, Reduce Costs and Help Save Lives
- Comments Sought on Rural Health Care Pilot Program Extension
- Wireline Competition Bureau Seeks Further Comment On Issues in The Rural Health Care Reform Proceeding
- FCC Issues Collection Instructions for the Healthcare Connect Fund
- Rural Health Care Pilot Program Deadline May 7
- FCC Update on Rural Health Care Pilot Program Initiative
- Increasing Access to Health Care in Rural America Through Broadband Telehealth
- FCC Seeks Comment on Request for Additional Funding for Rural Health Project
- E-rate Deployed Ubiquitously 2011 Pilot Program
- Will Rural Health-Care Providers Pay More for Broadband?
- FCC Seeks Comment on Rural Health Care Waiver Requests
- FCC Funds More Rural Health Projects; Extends Deadline