Originally published: March 9, 2011
Last updated: March 9, 2011 - 9:53pm
Comcast announced that Kyle McSlarrow will join the company in early April as President, Comcast/NBC Universal, Washington, DC. Since March 2005, McSlarrow has served as President and CEO of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA).
McSlarrow will have dual responsibilities in business operations and public policy in Washington, DC. On the operations side, McSlarrow will help lead the company’s efforts in the Washington metropolitan area around the customer experience and product development. In addition, McSlarrow will participate in national efforts to improve the customer experience and will help lead strategic planning around the extension of Comcast Business Services at the federal and state government levels. McSlarrow also will lead Comcast’s public policy office in Washington, DC. He will report to David Cohen, Executive Vice President, Comcast Corporation, and work closely with Neil Smit, President of Comcast Cable, and Steve Burke, CEO of NBCUniversal, and their senior teams.
Prior to joining NCTA, McSlarrow served as the Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of Energy and before that was the Vice President of Political and Government Affairs for Grassroots.com, a privately-held Internet company marketing web-based political tools and services. McSlarrow has held numerous positions, including serving as the National Chairman for the Quayle 2000 Presidential Campaign, Chief of Staff for U.S. Senator Paul Coverdell and Deputy Chief of Staff and Chief Counsel for Senate Majority Leaders Bob Dole and Trent Lott.
- Comcast hires Rebecca Arbogast from Stifel Nicolaus
- Senior Commerce Committee Counsel To Join NCTA
- Should Government Funding Be Part of a National Broadband Plan?
- Waz Leaving Comcast for Broadband Internet Technology Advisory Group
- McSlarrow to leave NCTA
- McSlarrow Advising Romney Campaign
- Tech group executives making big money
- FCC Commissioner Baker Expected to Leave Post
- Profile: NCTA's Kyle McSlarrow
- Chessen Headed to NCTA
- McSlarrow to Head Comcast's Mountain Region
- Brenner Leaving NCTA
- McSlarrow, Tauke: There Is Room for Regulation in Internet Space
- McSlarrow: Comcast/NBCU Merger Won't Change Big Cable's Approach To Retrans
- NCTA, Comcast Argue Against Major Compulsory License Revamp