Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Workshop on Intercarrier Compensation
Federal Communications Commission
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
The workshop will focus on intercarrier compensation, including phantom traffic and access stimulation, the appropriate ICC framework for voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) traffic, and options for developing a recovery mechanism as part of comprehensive reform. Panelists participating in the workshop are expected to come prepared to discuss responses to reform proposals, and are welcome to bring new ideas to the table. Additional details concerning the workshop agenda and panelists will be forthcoming.
Note: this preliminary agenda is subject to change
9:15 a.m. Welcome and Introductory Remarks from Chairman Julius Genachowski, Commissioners and Senior Bureau Staff
Session 1: Intercarrier Compensation Arbitrage Issues and ICC Obligations for VoIP
Access Stimulation/Phantom Traffic Panel:
• Krista Tanner, Board Member, Iowa Utilities Board
• Dave Schornack, Director of Business Development, TekStar Communications
• David Erickson, Founder, FreeConferenceCall.com
• David Frankel, Founder, ZipDX
• US Telecom representative
• Melissa Newman, Vice President, Federal Relations , Qwest Communications
• Michael Romano, Senior Vice President of Policy, National Telecommunications Cooperative Association (NTCA)
Intercarrier Compensation for VoIP Panel:
• Kathleen Grillo, Senior Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, Verizon Communications Inc.
• Eric Einhorn, Vice President of Federal Government Affairs, Windstream Communications Inc.
• Julie Laine, Group Vice President, Regulatory, Time Warner Cable Inc.
• Brendan Kasper, Senior Regulatory Counsel, Vonage America
• Lisa R. Youngers, Vice President, Federal Affairs, XO Communications Inc.
• Paul Gallant, Senior Vice President / Telecom Analyst, MF Global: Washington Research Group
• Peter McGowan, General Counsel, New York State Public Service Commission
12:30 -- 1:30 p.m. Lunch break
1:30 – 3:00 pm, Session 2: Developing a Recovery Mechanism
• John Rose, President, Organization for the Promotion and Advancement of Small Telephone Companies (OPASTCO)
• Kenneth Mason, Vice President of Government and Regulatory Affairs, Frontier Communications Inc.
• Robert W. Quinn, Senior Vice President-Federal Regulatory and Chief Privacy Officer, AT&T Services, Corp.
• Charles McKee, Vice President, Federal and State Regulatory, Sprint Nextel Corp.
• Frank Louthan, Analyst, Raymond James
• David Bergmann, Assistant Consumers’ Counsel Chair, NASUCA Telecommunications Committee
- Workshop on Universal Service Fund/Intercarrier Compensation Reform (Omaha, Nebraska)
- 2nd Workshop on Intercarrier Compensation and Universal Service Fund Reform
- Rural Telecom Groups Take on Inter-Carrier Compensation
- Hearing: Phantom Traffic Sent Over Telephone Networks
- VoIP providers could get special (lower) long-distance access charge rate
- Hearing On The Universal Service Reform Act Of 2009
- Telecom carriers: 'Phantom' voice traffic costing billions
- AT&T exec: FCC will recommend 4 Mb/s broadband Universal Service target next month
- FCC Media Ownership Workshop
- Promoting Mobile Broadband In Your Community By Collocating Wireless Antennas on Communication Towers
- Spectrum Efficiency and Receiver Performance
- What's the FCC's Next Agenda?
- FCC Workshop on Ex Parte Rules
- Traffic pumping minutes rose 48% in 2010
- Rural Associations Refute USF/ICC Order Petitions for Reconsideration