Last updated: February 21, 2008 - 6:45am
JULY 1, FEB 17 CONCERN SMALL CABLE OPERATORS
[SOURCE: Multichannel News, AUTHOR: Linda Moss]
Independent cable operators kicked off their lobbying summit here Tuesday voicing dour concerns about the double-whammy the industry faces: the July 1 ban on set-tops with integrated security and the 2009 cutoff of analog-TV service.
- ACA Digs In on Retrans, July 1 Set-Top Ban
- Britt: Cable Needs DTV Flexibility
- No Analog Viewer Left Behind?
- DTV Transition Update -- Americans Unaware Of Digital TV Switch
- Ideologically Diverse Groups Question 'Multicasting'
- FCC to Study DTV's Analog Impact
- Intel Wants FCC To Require Cable HD Set-Tops To Speak IP
- Operators Frustrated with FCC Set-Top Rulings
- NTIA Chief: No DTV Plan B
- Cable Rips Nielsenâ€™s Ad Ratings
- Cable Set-Top Box Update
- Adelstein Advocates More Analog-Cutoff Tests
- CableCard Set-Tops Top 22.75 Million: NCTA
- FCC OKs ‘Hardship’ Waivers for RCN, Three Others
- Report: TV Stations Should Pay Ops