Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Advanced Telecommunications Capability
Notice of Inquiry, GN Docket No. 07-45, FCC 07-21
4/16/2007 - The FCC released its fifth Notice of Inquiry, adopted on March 12, under section 706 of the Telecommunications Act to ask â€œwhether advanced telecommunications capability is being deployed to all Americans in a reasonable and timely fashion.â€ The Notice, seeks comment on:
- Various market, investment, and technological trends in order to analyze and assess whether infrastructure capable of supporting advanced services is being made available to all Americans.
- The competitiveness of the broadband market and whether there is evidence of anticompetitive conduct in this market.
Comment Date: May 16, 2007
Reply Comment Date: May 31, 2007
- FCC Comments Due: Broadband Regulation
- FCC Launches Inquiry on Broadband Deployment
- FCC Begins Work on Next Broadband Report
- Transition to All-IP Network
- FCC Launches New Inquiry into Broadband Availability
- FCC Assessing High-Speed Internet Access
- FCC Invites Comments on Broadband Petition
- Framework for Broadband Internet Service
- FCC Extends Pleading Cycle For Indecency Cases Policy
- FCC Explores Use of Emergency Aerial Communications to Enable Quick Restoration of Communications for First Responders
- FCC Starts with a Clean Slate for Next broadband Report to Congress
- FCC promises open process on national broadband strategy
- Establish more flexible experimental licensing rules for spectrum and facilitate the use of this spectrum by researchers
- Wireless Backhaul (NOI)
- Framework for Next Generation 911 Deployment -- NOI