Last updated: February 21, 2008 - 7:26am
NEWS CORP MAY 'WALK AWAY' FROM DOW JONES, PALI SAYS
[SOURCE: Bloomberg, AUTHOR: Leo Lazaroff]
Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. may be preparing to walk away from a $5 billion bid for Dow Jones & Co. after trying without success to win support from the controlling Bancroft family, Pali Research analysts said.
* The Wall Street Journal riddle
The bid to buy Dow Jones has been a loser in that Murdoch's bid has opened the door to a very public and bruising examination of the crass brand of journalism his properties often practice, and why he would be the wrong person -- too irresponsible, too unprincipled -- to own the venerable Wall Street Journal.
- Dow Jones Falls on Concern Bancrofts Will Reject Bid
- Bancrofts Warm to Murdoch's Offer
- What if Murdoch Doesn't Get Dow Jones?
- Bancroft member moves to block sale of Dow Jones
- Murdoch's Editors Know His Voice
- Tribune Close to Accepting Zell's $8 Billion Offer
- News Corp. to offer board seat to Bancrofts
- Dow Jones and Murdoch Said to Move Close to Deal
- Mr. Murdoch and The Journal
- Dow Jones Board Reaches Deal With Murdoch
- Dow Jones Board Takes Over Talks On Firm's Future
- Be concerned about Rupert Murdoch
- Murdoch Buys Dow Jones
- News Corp. Makes a Bid for Dow Jones/Wall Street Journal
- Homer Simpson Has What the Bancrofts Want