Last updated: February 21, 2008 - 7:46am
FCC FORMALLY OPENS XM-SIRIUS MERGER REVIEW
The Federal Communications Commission on Friday took a step forward in reviewing Sirius Satellite Radio's proposed acquisition of XM Satellite Radio Holdings. The Commission said it formally opened its review of the deal for public comment, a move that starts a 180-day review clock. The FCC has a 180-day target for completing merger reviews, although the target is not binding and the agency sometimes takes longer to evaluate major transactions.
* FCC Begins Review of Sirius Purchase of XM Satellite
* FCC Docket -- Public comment due July 9; reply comments due July 24
* Public can comment on proposed XM-Sirius deal
- NAB Asks FCC To Stop The Clock On XM/Sirius
- Key senator urges rejection of XM-Sirius deal
- FCC Chief Martin open to more terms on XM-Sirius deal
- Boucher Urges FCC to Approve XM-Sirius Merger
- Copps: XM-Sirius Still 'Steep Climb'
- NAB Takes Further Aim At XM/Sirius
- Clear Channel gives Tate Talking Points Against XM-Sirius merger
- Justice Approves XM-Sirius Merger
- If XM, Sirius Pursue Merger, Hurdles at FCC, Justice Loom
- Wall Street Still Betting on XM-Sirius Merger
- Minority-Led Investor Proposes XM-Sirius Merger Variation
- XM-Sirius Deal: Inching Closer, Or Falling Apart?
- House Gets First Crack At XM-Sirius Proposal
- DOJ nearly ready to make ruling on XM-Sirius
- Suspense grows over XM-Sirius antitrust review