Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Public Briefing on Location-Based Services
Bipartisan Privacy Caucus
Thursday, May 12th
Reps. Markey and Barton have been congressional leaders on providing privacy protections for personal consumer information. The lawmakers have investigated the practices of companies such as Google, Apple, Facebook, and the four major wireless carriers about their data collection, storage, use and disclosure practices.
- Andrea Williams, CTIA – The Wireless Association
- Marc Rotenberg, EPIC – Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Morgan Reed, ACT – Association for Competitive Technology
- Hill eyes phone-tracking policies
- Markey, Barton Friend Zuckerberg
- Lawmakers grill Apple CEO Jobs on location information gathering
- Markey, Barton Seek Answers On Verizon Info Collection
- Three-quarters of smartphone owners use location-based services
- The 2012 State of the Mobile Net Conference
- Congress looks at mobile location services and privacy
- Reps Barton and Markey Generally OK with Verizon's Targeted Ad Consent/Disclosure
- House Hearing on the Collection and Use of Location Information for Commercial Purposes
- Wireless carriers: Apps are privacy threat
- Privacy Event at the White House
- TPRC Panelists Consider Location-Based Privacy and P2P Arms Race
- Navigating Location-Based Services
- FCC, FTC Team on Forum on Navigating Location-Based Services